Creating a stream from scratch might seem daunting with all the parameter options presented. Here is a quick guide that explains it all.
When you want to create a stream, you will be presented with a view like this:
You will need to start with choosing the parameter group from the list on the right and then a specific type. The options are as follows:
- Contact - referring to details on a profile of your visitor (eg. How to build a stream based on tags)
- Summary - refers to all the activity, grade/score of a visitor on your website
- Browsers - options from Browser name (ie Chrome, Chrome Mobile, Firefox, etc.), or User Agent (catalogue of technical data about the device and software that the visitor is using, unique to each visitor)
- Comment / Assign - segment data by users to whom a profile has been assigned to or comments made on profiles
- Contact Address - address on your visitor’s profile (ie if wanting to segment data by geographical areas within UK)
- Downloads - works in conjunction with CANDDi.download; you can enter either the name of the file uploaded or its URL from CANDDi.download; an example here
- IP Lookup - to segment data by worldwide geographical location, or specific IP addresses
- Questions - Answer option is relevant to you created CANDDi captures (more about that here); SurveyId is also relevant to CANDDi capture, where each CANDDi capture has its own SurveyId so you can stream by those
- Referrers - marketing activity specific (explained in more detail here; an example of streaming social media with referrers)
- Social Media - it covers any social media platform from Facebook, through to Disqus, Google Plus, etc.
Each of your parameters that you select for your stream, we call those rules and then show all the selected ones in the list at the bottom of the page like this:
In this example, we are looking for visitors where the name of the company is CANDDi. Geographically, they come from Manchester area and they have landed on the website from any social media platform. You can choose “and”, “or” - eg. if you were looking for people who came from any social media platform or email marketing, you can add both rules and then choose the Or button between the two rules so it turns green. That particular stream would then be filled with visitor who came from either marketing source.
After choosing all your parameters and setting them as rules, clicking Preview & Save will take you to the final step of setting up a stream:
Here you name your stream as you like and give it any description you like. The group option has a purpose of grouping similar streams together. For example, if you were to create streams for every single marketing campaign you sent out, you can then create a group which says “Email marketing” and you can then group all your email marketing streams under that group.
On occasion, as CANDDi processes the data which it needs to include in the stream, you might get this message:
Do not despair, your stream setup is not lost. It’s CANDDi working to sift through the data for the right profiles. All you have left to do is click Save Stream & Continue and let CANDDi do the rest of filling the new stream with relevant profiles.
If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call on 0161 414 1080, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org