With General Data Protection Regulation less than 12 months away there is a legal requirement for all businesses to have taken the necessary steps for adherence.
Campaign and Digital Intelligence Limited as developers of the CANDDi software is no exception to this and is compliant.
The “General Data Protection Regulation” (GDPR), set to come into effect in May 2018, is European Legislation set to replace the 19-year-old Data Protection Act (1998).
In this series of FAQs, we will seek to provide a summary of GDPR and discuss areas of compliance and opportunities presented as a result of the legislation. This will be discussed with a specific focus on CANDDi*, the website analytics tool.
To use the CANDDi software there are certain requirements. However, once adopted CANDDi will be in a position to assist with broader legal obligations including, but not limited to; Subject Access Requests and Data Cleansing.
Glossary of Terms
- Data Processor - A natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller
- Data Controller - The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data
- Personal Data - Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person
- First Party Cookies - A small amount of text stored in the user's computer that is created by the website the user is visiting.
- Third Party Cookies - A cookie that is stored on the user’s computer by a Web site from a domain other than the one a user is visiting
- Bulk Email Marketing - The sending of emails en masse, usually via an email marketing platform
- CANDDi Capture - A ‘pop up’ enquiry form, similar to an on-site contact us form
- IP Address - A numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network
- EU General Data Protection Regulation
*Nb. For the purpose of this FAQ series ‘CANDDi’ will be used in reference to the software and ‘Campaign and Digital Intelligence Limited’ for the Company.