Triggers allow a CANDDi user to be notified when a Contact first joins the stream (or when the Contact returns to the website)
A custom stream might have been created for all Contacts who have spent over 60 seconds on the website.
A Contact who visits the website and spends only 30 seconds will NOT be in this stream.
A Contact who visits the website and spends over 60 seconds will join this stream
When they join the stream then an email can be sent to you (the CANDDi User)
When the Contact returns to your website, then an email could be sent to you to say that the Contact has returned
How to steps:
- Go to "Alerts" at the top of your dashboard and select "Triggers Dashboard"
- Alternatively, if you wish to add this to an existing Stream then go to the stream, select the drop down menu which is located on the top right-hand side of the screen and click "Edit Triggers".
3. Select the type of Trigger you would like to create (in this instance Email Notification). Select who you want the notification to go to (you can have multiple CANDDi users notified).
4. Next, select which stream you want to set the trigger for.
5. After that, select whether you would like to create an email notification when:
- A Contact first joins the stream
- A Contact re joins the stream
- A Contact Returns to your site
- A Contact leaves a stream
5. You can then provide a custom title/header (the options pop up when you hover your mouse over the question mark next to Email Title))
7. Then press Create Trigger and this notification will be activated for this stream
8. You can then also press TEST which will send an example email