CANDDi can be used in conjunction with SalesForce's Email Templates to embed CANDDi tracking links personalised for the recipient.
Due to the way SalesForce works, the exact code you need to use in the template is different depending on whether the contact is a Lead or a Contact. The process for editing the templates remains the same.
Including CANDDi code for a Lead or Contact
- Log into CANDDi
- Select the Identify tab on the top menu bar then select "Bulk Email Marketing" from the drop down list.
- From the drop down menu choose Salesforce LEAD or Salesforce CONTACT. You cannot use the same link for Leads as Contacts.
- Fill in the "Webpage link" box and select if you also want to include Google Analytics, then press generate code.
- A pop up box will appear, copy the link text from it. You will use this in the next section, Editing The Template.
Editing a template
- After logging into SalesForce head to the top right hand menu and select Setup
- On the Left hand side menu choose Email and then My Templates
- Choose the template you wish to edit and include a link in, or create a new a new template
- Choose Edit HTML Version
- Insert your CANDDi tracking link
- Save the template.
- Use Template as normal when emailing the Contact or Lead