On occasion, CANDDi cannot automatically interpret the data fields in the forms on your website. We provide a way to do this manually.
For example, if you have a form field with the name of "fstname", and you wish this to be interpreted as the First Name for a Contact, then this is something you will need to set manually.
Included in your nightly summary email, there will be a notification if you have any data fields we cannot recognise, and a link to fix these.
- Navigate to the "Site Tagging Settings"
- You should see an alert with the number of forms your need to decode
- Click "Show forms" on this alert
- Click the "Blue Edit Pencil" button on the form you wish to update
- From there, you will see a list of Fields for this form
- Choose the correct "Input Type" for each of these fields, in this case it would be "First Name".
You must pick a value for every field, please make use of the "Ignore" option if needed.
- Click "Update"
- You should now see a message telling you that this form will be reprocessed
Please note: When you click "Update", we process everything in the background, so you may not see updated contacts right away. You will receive a dashboard alert when this process is complete.