CANDDi integrates with almost all email platforms which support "merge tags" or "personalising" emails. CANDDi integrates by creating "individual URL links" for each visitor.
In order to integrate with CANDDi your mail platform needs the ability to send personalised emails to each individual recipient. Almost all email platforms support this. However, this functionality has different names in different platforms: Merge Tags, Merge Fields, Personalisation are just some of the terms that we've come across.
In the case of Direct Mail, they use the following tags:
First Name: [first name]
Last Name: [last name]
Email: [email address]
Company: [company name]
For every link in your email you need to create a "CANDDi Integration" URL. This URL should look something like this:
http://YOUR_URL?ce=[email address]&cfn=[first name]&cln=[last name]
- 1. Write your email, as normal.
- 2. Select the word(s) that you want to hide the hyperlink behind.
- 3. Click the edit link icon from the tool bar (blue circle with bent arrow). This should give you a screen like the second picture
- 4. Insert url & tracking information
- The selected word(s) should now have been converted into a hyperlink. You can now carry on and finish your email, before sending as normal.
When your email is sent then Direct Mail will replace the Merge Tags with the correct values.
We recommend testing this before you send.
Any questions please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help validate that this works correctly.