Sorting the data within CANDDi is a brilliant way of segmenting data, organising it, and separating out exactly what you want to see. But when you’ve got millions of streams, it’s really difficult to keep on top of them all. A perfect way of streamlining your streams, is by creating Groups.
There are three ways of doing this, here’s how…
Note: the first two methods will create Stream Groups just for you. The third method will create / edit Stream Groups for all CANDDi users.
When creating a stream from scratch...
1) Once you’ve added the rules you want, click on ‘Preview & Save’
2) Here you can create a new group name, or select a group name from a list that you’ve already created. Note: A stream can be part of one or more Groups. And by default all Streams will appear in the ‘All’ Group.
3) Once you’ve clicked ‘Save Stream & Continue’ on the left hand side you’ll see the Stream Groups - Yay!
When editing an existing stream...
1) click on the drop down list within the stream you wish to edit, then click on edit stream.
2) You will see a screen like this appear, and you can create a new Group Name, or double click to choose from existing Group Names. Click Save, and you’re done!
Via the Streams Dashboard
1) Click on the ‘Settings’ dropdown and select ‘Streams Dashboard’.
2) Click on the blue ‘view stream description button’, then click ‘Edit’ and from here you can create a new Group Name, or double click to choose from existing Group Names. Click ‘Save for All Users’ and you’re done!